How Can Hypnosis Help Support Weight Management?
If you Google hypnosis and weight loss, you’ll likely see many false claims that hypnosis can “change your metabolism” or make the weight just “fall off.” We’re here to tell you, this is not true! Hypnosis isn’t a magic trick or a quick fix. So, how can hypnosis help support weight management?
Hypnosis can help guide the individual to achieve their goal, typically in a much quicker timeframe. It can help you end the battle with yourself and your willpower! It can help ease the fight or struggle you may be having with yourself and make the process more simple and enjoyable.
Here are a few examples of how hypnosis can support specific weight management needs. Hypnosis can:
- Help with your motivation for exercise, such as if you’re not feeling motivated to workout routinely
- Help you decrease your desire for sugary and unhealthy food obsessions
- Relieve stress and significantly reduce emotional eating
- Reduce binge eating
- Teach you how to become a thoughtful eater
As you can see, there are many different variables that can impact weight management. Hypnosis is not “one-size fits all,” which is why it’s crucial to identify the root cause of your struggle with weight and your individual weight management needs. You will discuss your history, concerns, strengths, and interests with Kelly in your first session. Getting to the root cause of your struggles and/or roadblocks that are impacting your ability to lose weight or keep weight off will guide each hypnosis session and help support your ability to meet your goals.
Who is a candidate for hypnosis?
The best candidates for hypnosis are people who are highly motivated to make these changes in their life right now. Hypnosis will only work for people who have a deep intrinsic desire for change. It will not work, for example, for someone whose spouse or parent wants them to change.
“The purpose of hypnosis as a therapeutic technique is to help you understand and gain more control over your behavior, emotions, or physical well-being.” – The Mayo Clinic
Talking with Kelly will help you determine IF hypnosis is right for you; it will not work for everyone. As we mentioned before, there are many false claims related to hypnosis and weight management. Here are a few things that hypnosis CANNOT do:
- It cannot make you magically lose weight
- It cannot make you want to diet or exercise all the sudden when you do not have a desire to make a change in your life (if you do feel that desire, then hypnosis may be a wonderful tool for you to use!)
- It cannot make your metabolism suddenly speed up
- It cannot magically “heal” a physical ailment you may have that is making exercise difficult for you
- It cannot make you lose weight or keep weight off without putting in effort (hypnosis simply makes the effort much less of a struggle)
If you have questions, please reach out to Kelly at Infinity Hypnosis. Kelly is an SLP who specializes in using hypnosis to support feeding difficulties, weight management, and anxiety. Kelly can answer your questions over a free phone consultation where she can further discuss how hypnosis works and how hypnosis could help you or your loved one’s specific needs. Contact Kelly and Infinity Hypnosis at [email protected] or check out her website at https://infinityhypnosis.com/ to book a free consultation.